Important Facts & Myths about Hair Baldness

Male pattern baldness typically occurs when there is a visible loss of hair on the scalp. Although, the most common cause of hair fall in men is ageing, it is seen very often in younger age group nowadays. The main reasons being Genetic makeup and hormones. Get consultation for the Best Hair Transplant in Punjab with Dr. Sahil Mrigpuri, who is an Emerging Hair Transplant Surgeon
had Specialty in Natural Hair Line. He has changed life of many patients in India and aboard. He is Specialize in natural hair line creation placement of grafts at root angles, super dense & high density natural hair transplant and celebrity Hair transplant.

An important point related to causes of hair fall in men is the way the baldness occurs. Baldness occurs when the gap between two hairs increases, due to loss of hair root between. Hair starts losing its natural density and thickness

Thus, there are two main reasons for seeking a treatment for baldness:

a) you need to know how to prevent baldness to retain the good health of your hair and

b) you need a baldness treatment to cover the scalp visibility.

Signs Which Indicate You Need Baldness Treatment:-

  • Receding Hairline
  • Loss of more than 100 hair strands a day
  • Rapid hair loss at an early age
  • Frequency of haircuts going down
  • Pain or itching in scalp with hair loss

Important Facts about Hair:-

  • The human scalp has an average of 100 to 120 Follicular units per sq.cm hair at all.
  • All of the hair follicles in the human body are formed by the time that depends upon the individual’s characteristics of their physiological and anatomical strata.
  • Hair is mostly made up of keratin, that also found in the outer layer of our skin and nails.
  • Hair composition: 50% carbon, 21% oxygen, 17% nitrogen, 6 % hydrogen and 5% Sulphur.
  • On an average, hair grows 0.3 – 0.5 mm per day, 1.25 centimetres or 0.5 inches per month, and 15 centimetres or 6 inches per year.
  • The average amount of hair that a normal human being sheds every day is about 50-100 strands. So don’t afraid, you aren’t going bald.
  • A strand of hair is actually stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.
  • Hair is considered the fastest growing tissue in our body.
  • Mostly 90% of our hairs are in a growing phase while the other 10% are in the resting phase.
  • It’s been found that Asians possess better elasticity of hair and an Asian person hair grows faster than any other races in the world.
  • Trimming your hair wouldn’t affect hair growth.
  • When the hair is wet, it can stretch up to 30% of its original length.
  • The angle of the follicles, also called the hair stream, creates whorls, cowlicks, and the general tendency for hair to curl out on one side of the head and curl under on the other side.
  • Each hair contains all information of whatever has gone in your bloodstream so far.
  • As soon as you pluck a hair from the follicle, a new one starts to grow in its place.
  • A normal hair has a lifespan of around 5 years.

Myths about Hair

  • Clipping and Shaving encourage hair growth, hair will grow faster if cut
  • Plucking one grey hair will result in the growth of two grey hairs
  • Shampooing hair leads to shedding of hair
  • Baldness is inherited from only the maternal side
  • Brushing hair regularly will make them healthier
  • Hair will lose their strength if the colouring is applied
  • To change the brand of shampoos is beneficial for hair
  • It is good to wash your hair alternatively
  • Men are prone to inheriting baldness only from their mother’s side.
  • Wearing a hat can lead to hair loss.
  • Drying your hair with a towel is beneficial for your hair.

Book an appointment

Visit our hospital or call on +91-8278726347 to book an appointment with our expert dermatologist.

 

About the Author :

START TYPING AND PRESS ENTER TO SEARCH